MVCC announces several new hires, promotions
UTICA – Mohawk Valley Community College has announced several new appointments, employee title changes and promotions, as approved by the Board of Trustees.
• Alexandra Almanzar Rivera became Deputy Registrar and will assist the Director of Student Records and Enrollment/Registrar in office administration and enrollment while maintaining student academic records as required by law. She has been in college since 2018.
• Sara Besette has been appointed as a Certified Mental Health Practitioner and will provide counseling, mentoring and coaching services, as well as personal and educational counseling to individual students. She will also be responsible for mental health assessment and related cases. She can provide short-term intervention or provide referrals to community agencies.
• Gabrielle Coffey was named head coach of women’s basketball/track and field specialist. Previously, she worked as the Director of Academic Counseling and Head Coach of Varsity Women’s Basketball at Notre Dame Schools in Utica; head women’s basketball coach at Herkimer College; head women’s basketball coach and disability services specialist at Finger Lakes Community College; and assistant women’s basketball coach at the University of Rochester.
• Colleen Cornmire was named Trustee Emeritus in recognition of her many years of service.
• Dominic DiMaggio became Director of Athletics and will be responsible for providing innovative vision and strategic planning, collaborative leadership and administration for MVCC’s athletic programs in coordination with the Dean of Athletics. DiMaggio has worked at the college since 2017 as the men’s soccer head coach and track and field specialist.
• James Dixon has been appointed to the position funded by the YouthBuild Case Manager Grant and will provide counselling, advocacy and guidance to program members to help them meet their academic, personal, legal and social service needs, particularly those who interfere with their goals. He will also help them develop leadership skills and serve as a key staff member to refer students to community services.
• James Fiore was named professor emeritus in recognition of his many years of service.
• Andrew Gliden was named Professor Emeritus in recognition of his many years of outstanding service.
• Michael Grider became Veterans Education Coordinator and will be responsible for monitoring, planning and programming Veterans Services. Grider has worked at MVCC since 2019 as a YouthBuild Case Manager.
• Cymil Hamilton became coordinator of the Science and Technology Entrance Program (STEP). She will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of STEP, tracking and processing STEP budget transactions, preparing promotional materials, and maintaining an up-to-date web presence. She will also chair STEP’s advisory board and recruit students. Hamilton previously served the college as a STEP program specialist.
• Denicqua Holmes has transitioned into the College Science and Technology Entrance Program (CSTEP) Program Specialist and will provide direct services to CSTEP students and assist the Director in the development, implementation and evaluation of the program . Holmes has worked at the college since 2019 as a part-time Community Research Specialist.
• Edvina Ikeljic has been appointed Admissions Counselor and will be responsible for recruiting students to meet college enrollment goals by working with high school counselors, participating in informational programs, and helping students choose college programs. education.
• Christopher Johnson was appointed as an Airframe and Powerplant Instructor at the School of STEM. Johnston was a teacher’s aide, assistant instructor and hangar coordinator at MVCC from 2009 to 2019, and spent more than 20 years as a senior assembler for Lockheed Martin RMS.
• Joseph Kinney has transitioned to Technical Assistant – Life Sciences and Physics in the School of STEM and will provide qualified assistance to teaching, professional and administrative staff. Kinney has been an assistant instructor at the college since 2018.
• Matthew Krush has been appointed Deputy Registrar and will assist the Director of Student Records and Enrollment/Registrar in the administration of the office and enrollment while maintaining student academic records as required by law.
• Todd Kubica became Director of College Pipeline Programs, a new position at the college in which he will be responsible for the administration and oversight of externally funded federal education grants, including TRIO-Upward Bound, GEAR UP, and STEP . He will plan and implement programs, supervise staff, develop and manage budgets, plan programs, assist with grant applications, and process federal and state reports. Kubica has worked at the college since 2007 as director of TRIO-Upward Bound and GEAR UP.
• colton lucas has been appointed as a peace officer and will have the powers set out in section 2.20 of the Criminal Procedure Act.
• Maureen McCleary was named Associate Professor Emeritus in recognition of her many years of service.
• Senad Memisevic has been appointed as a peace officer and will have the powers set out in section 2.20 of the Criminal Procedure Act.
• Mary Miknavich became Dean of Institutional Research and will lead the Office of Institutional Research in fulfilling its responsibility of coordinating compliance efforts as well as managing, evaluating and analyzing data collection to inform planning and decision-making and improving overall organizational performance at the University. Miknavich has worked at MVCC since 2016 as Director of Institutional Research and Analysis.
• Brian Molinaro was named a distinguished retiree in recognition of his many years of outstanding service.
• James Myers was named a distinguished retiree in recognition of his many years of outstanding service.
• Anne Nolan became Director of Compliance in the Office of Institutional Research and will provide collaborative leadership to ensure the college meets all external data/information compliance requirements for institutional level reporting, including accreditation, grants, human resources, finance and institutional research. Nolan has worked at the college since 2017.
• Sharon Roger has been appointed Data Analytics and Visualization Specialist in the Office of Institutional Research and will assist the Director with institutional effectiveness and other evaluation processes, including enrollment management, post-graduation outcomes and other analyses.
• Bedour Suleiman has been appointed as a programmer within the information technology department and will provide assistance with day-to-day programming tasks, report writing and troubleshooting. Soliman began working at MVCC as a student assistant and after graduation she served as a part-time professional for the college’s GenCyber camp and a part-time help desk assistant.
• Sharmayne Van Dyke has been appointed YouthBuild Program Specialist and will provide ongoing support, advocacy and counseling to program participants to help them meet their academic, personal, legal and social service needs, especially those that interfere with their goals .
For more information about career opportunities at MVCC, go online to mvcc.edu.