Complete Guide on Transferring WhatsApp Data Between Android and iPhone
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging platforms in the world and millions of people use this application daily. Whenever we move to a new phone, you want to move all your data to your new phone, especially your WhatsApp messages, videos, photos or audios, etc. Most of the time people get frustrated when WhatsApp data is lost.
The data transfer process can be elaborate and tricky depending on whether you are transferring from Android to Android, iPhone to iPhone, or switching from Android to iPhone, or vice versa. Move WhatsApp from Android to iPhone can be quite difficult, as there is currently no built-in functionality for this. But is it possible to transfer all WhatsApp data across different operating systems? Absolutely
Method 1: Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone Easily and Directly
Although there is no official way to transfer WhatsApp data between Android and iPhone, some data transfer tools, like MobileTrans WhatsApp Transfer allow users to transfer WhatsApp between 6000+ iOS and Android devices with just a few clicks. Additionally, you can choose to backup and restore your WhatsApp data. Let us walk you through the guide on how to transfer WhatsApp using MobileTrans. And we will introduce 2 different methods in the post.
Transfer WhatsApp Directly from Android to iPhone
- Step 1: Download and launch MobileTrans on your PC or Mac. Then connect your Android and iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Step 2: Choose WhatsApp Transfer from the dashboard.
- Step 3: The app will automatically detect the devices and mark them as source or destination. If the placement is incorrect, you can click the “Flip” button.
- Step 4: Click on the Start button, then the WhatsApp transfer process will begin. If you already use WhatsApp on your new phone, you can choose to keep it or not. Now wait for the process to complete and do not disconnect your phones until then. You will have the data transferred to your new phone once the transfer process is complete.
Easily Backup and Restore WhatsApp Data
If you haven’t received your new iPhone yet, you can backup WhatsApp data first and then restore it to your iPhone later. The following steps will guide you on how to do this:
Steps to backup WhatsApp messages:
- Step 1: Install MobileTrans on your PC or Mac and launch the program. Then connect your old Android device to your computer with a USB cable.
- Step 2: Click on the Backup and Restore module and then select the Backup button in the Backup and Restore section of the application.
- Step 3: Choose to backup WhatsApp and then start the transfer process by clicking Start button.
- Step 4: The backup process will complete in a few minutes. And you can check all WhatsApp data on your PC or Mac.
Steps to restore WhatsApp messages:
- Step 1: When your new phone arrives, you can restore WhatsApp to your iPhone by connecting your iPhone to the computer using a Lightning cable.
- Step 2: Launch MobileTrans on your PC/Mac, then choose the restore option from the backup and restore feature of the app.
- Step 3: Choose the latest WhatsApp backup and restore it to iPhone. Here it is! You can check WhatsApp data on your new phone now.
Method 2: Transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone using iCloud
When setting up your new iPhone, you can definitely transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone using iCloud backup. You will need to backup WhatsApp to iCloud using your old device and then simply restore it to your new iOS device. It’s quite simple, while it only supports data transfer between iOS devices.
- Step 1: On your old iPhone, go to settings, then tap your name at the top, then iCloud option. Scroll down to make sure the WhatsApp Sync option is enabled.
- Step 2: In iCloud settings, go to “Backup” option, enable iCloud backup and make sure your device is connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection.
- Step 3: After backup, start setting up your new device. When you reach “Apps & Data”, select “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Step 4: Log into the same iCloud account you use on your old device and choose the most recent backup file.
- Step 5: After restoring, open WhatsApp and enter the same phone number you use on your old iPhone, which will help you detect the backup, and then you can restore your WhatsApp data.
Method 3: Transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android using Google Drive
Google Drive is the easiest way to backup WhatsApp and restore it to a new Android device. Here is how to use Google Drive to transfer WhatsApp from Android to Android:
- Step 1: On your old Android device, open WhatsApp, then select the menu button, then select Settings, then go to chats and calls and chat backup.
- Step 2: You can then manually copy your chats to Google Drive or automatically set them to daily, weekly or monthly backup.
- Step 3: Install WhatsApp on your new phone. After verifying your phone number, you will be prompted to re-enable chats and media from Google Drive.
- Step 4: After restoring, all your messages will appear on your new phone.
Transferring via Google Drive is a free and easy solution. But the latest Google Drive backup will not keep your previous backup. It also requires a lot of free space on your phone to create the backup. And also, it only works when transferring between two Android devices.
Migrating WhatsApp and all your settings to your new phone shouldn’t be a difficult interaction for a second. Whether you’re switching from Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, Android to Android, or iPhone to iPhone, the above methods can help you integrate each of your chats, media, photos, etc., into your new phone. -free.
Wondershare MobileTrans is a perfect all-in-one solution to migrate WhatsApp from Android to iOS, as well as phone to phone transfer. With this app, you can seamlessly transfer data between Android and your iOS device directly.
You can keep MobileTrans handy in case you want a smooth transfer of your WhatsApp data.