BMG – Data Analyst (UK)
Come as you are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all its forms. Equal opportunity is deeply rooted in our core value of fairness and we are committed to creating a truly inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive. If you are good at what you do, come as you are.
All BMG applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, gender or sexual orientation.
BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalog, including the 1992 single “Come As You Are.”
We are looking for Data Analyst to join our Royalties, Income Tracking & Audit team in our London office!
BMG’s royalty, revenue tracking and auditing team is a pillar of BMG’s mission to provide fair and transparent service to our portfolio of artists. The music industry in 2022 is supported by a huge data processing operation. Each time one of our artists’ tracks is released or sold, we receive a line of revenue data which is then processed by our royalty system to calculate which artists should receive the revenue we have collected on their behalf. With the explosion in popularity of streaming over the past decade, the way the industry works has fundamentally changed, and we now have billions in revenue lines for our artists. As a result, we increasingly need to complement our excellent administrative teams with tech-savvy and data-savvy colleagues to manage and make sense of the huge volume of incoming data, keeping BMG at the forefront of the industry. .
YOUR MISSION AT BMG.
You will be responsible for contributing to BMG’s mission by supporting the Revenue Tracking, Royalty, Client Services and Audit teams with data and reporting capabilities that enable the team to serve our artists quickly. and efficiently by making the insights and stories appear in our big datasets.
Working with our big data and business intelligence platforms, you will query and aggregate our multi-billion registration datasets, condensing the data into digestible information and making this information available to teams in form. self-service reports and dashboards.
- Provide self-service reports and dashboards to key stakeholders across revenue tracking, royalty, customer service, and audit teams.
- Work with a solution-oriented attitude to business challenges, using your technical knowledge to automate and streamline processes involving data transfer, manipulation, enrichment and report delivery.
- Actively review our datasets to suggest improvements and help maintain data integrity.
- Become a key enabler to drive the data business forward at BMG, to ensure that we continuously improve and iterate our processes to remain effective and efficient as the volume of data entering the business increases.
- Strong SQL skills, along with an understanding of best practices and database query optimization.
- Experience in delivering compelling reports/information via BI platforms (Looker/Tableau/Power BI, etc.).
- University degree in a related field or relevant professional experience.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills.
- A love of music, with a deep passion for ensuring artists are compensated fairly and accurately!
It’s a plus if you also have…
- Basic understanding of a computer programming language such as Python or C++.
- Previous experience working in a similar role in the music industry.
- Previous experience using Google Cloud Platform (key components for this role – BigQuery, Looker, Cloud Workflows)
- Understanding of code deployment/version control via GIT.
- Understanding of how statistical techniques and methodologies can be applied to data to uncover insights.
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 3 days between Christmas and New Year and an extra day for your birthday!
- Flexible work opportunities
- 6 months full salary for all parents, regardless of gender and sexual orientation
- Subsidized gym membership
- Private health insurance
- Competitive pension plan
- Annual concert allowance
- Showcases of artists
- Cycle-work program
- Subscription loan
- Access to our employee assistance program
- Headspace Subscription
- Give as you earn
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment!
Founded in 2008, BMG is the first new global player in the recordings industry in decades. BMG’s pitch is unique – a consistent focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients.
BMG’s 20 offices in 12 major music markets now represent more than 3 million songs and recordings, and thousands of artists and songwriters are drawn to its new approach which now includes the production of music, films and books as well as the publishing and recording of music.
BMG is owned by international media, services and education company Bertelsmann, whose other content businesses include broadcaster RTL Group, specialist book publisher Penguin Random House and magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. With its cross-platform perspective, integrated technology platform, and commitment to helping artists maximize their revenue, BMG aims to be the best music company to do business with.